PDS Partners: Bridging Research to Practice is a double-blind, peer reviewed journal, sponsored by the National Association for Professional Development Schools (NAPDS). PDS Partners is mailed to all members of NAPDS. The journal publishes two issues each year plus an annual themed issue. The journal shares innovative practices, highlights action research, and promotes collaborative inquiry related to school-university partnerships and the Professional Development School (PDS) model.
Aim and Scope
Professional Development School partnerships and school-university partnerships are critical components of educator preparation as well as the professional development of current educators. PDS Partners: Bridging Research to Practice provides a publication outlet for individuals who are involved in work in Professional Development Schools or school-university partnerships. Articles printed in PDS Partners are relevant to those involved in Professional Development School and School-University partnerships.
To that end, the editorial team welcomes articles related to school-university partnerships, Professional Development Schools, and other efforts related to teacher education and/or professional development that involve collaborations between PK-12 schools and universities. Published articles provide details about PDS initiatives and experiences that may include practice-focused articles, articles that include both research and practice, or other longer descriptions of school-university partnership work.
The Editorial Team accepts articles from all individuals involved in PDS work, but is especially interested in articles from author teams that include people who are based in PK-12 settings. These individuals include but are not limited to building-level administrators, district leadership, and teachers.
1) A cover sheet, which includes the title, 3-5 keywords for indexing, and the NAPDS 9 Essentials being addressed in the article. The cover sheet should also include the name, role, affiliation, and contact information for the lead author as well as the name, role, and institutional affiliation for all additional authors.
2) A blinded manuscript (does not include any identifying information for authors, universities, and schools) ranging in length from 2,000 to 5,000 words. Manuscripts should follow formatting from the American Psychological Association (APA) 7th Edition.
Inclusion of Photographs
PDS Partners works hard to show off the great people, places and happenings in our schools and PDS partnerships. We want to see and share photos of our authors, our PDS sites, our friends, and the exciting and interesting things they do. Please help us show the best side of PDS by sending us some photos to accompany your article. Submit your photos as separate attachments. Please do not embed them within the article.
All submissions are read by the Editorial Team and then, using a blind-review process sent to at least two reviewers including one reviewer who works in a university and one reviewer who works in a PK-12 setting. The review process typically takes 2-3 months.
Manuscripts are evaluated in the following areas:
●Appropriateness to the NAPDS membership
● Reflects a Shared Partnership between University/ College and PK-12 educators
● Relevance and Interest level to College/ University
● Relevance and Interest level to PK-12 educators
● Alignment to Nine Essentials and or PDS Characteristics
● Well-written coherent manuscript that follows APA guidelines
● Writing Style Is Appropriate to PDS Partners Magazine
Research papers are evaluated on the above categories as well as:
● Clear details of research question, action, methods and results OR of PDS practice, models or structures
● Valid conclusions
Once accepted, articles may be copyedited. The editors reserve the right to make editorial changes.
Individuals who are interested in becoming a reviewer should contact the Editors.