Exemplary Mentor Teacher Award
All nominations and supporting materials must be submitted electronically to the NAPDS Awards committee using this link no later than January 9, 2023.
The NAPDS award for exemplary PK12 mentor teacher recognizes school-based clinical educators who demonstrate excellence in supporting, coaching, and guiding preservice and/or inservice teachers in their professional growth. Exemplary mentor teachers engage in ongoing, reflective practices, high quality coaching practices, and modeling of effective instructional practices.
In order for a candidate to be considered eligible for this award, they must:
- Be a full-time PK12 teacher member of NAPDS at the time of the Annual Conference
- Be actively engaged in mentoring preservice and/or inservice teachers within the last 12 months within a partnership program
- Attend the annual conference the year being nominated for this award
- Receive a nomination from a member of NAPDS
Promoting exemplary practice through demonstrated leadership. Candidates will be considered in light of their contributions in one or more areas, including:
- Models exemplary pedagogical and andragogical practices
- Exemplary Coaching/mentoring practices – including specific feedback and support
- Promotes links between theory and practice
- Commitment to reflective practice and continuous improvement
- Effective communicator, conferring regularly with partners (University Supervisor, Principals, Mentor teachers) to support understanding of various roles in partnership and improve efficacy of partnership.
The nomination must demonstrate how the recipient is worthy of being named exemplary mentor teacher. A single nomination letter, no longer than 3 single-spaced pages with 12-point font and 1-inch margins is required. One supporting letter addressing the criteria for the award, may be submitted in addition to the nomination letter. A copy of the nominee’s resume or vita may also be included. Please note: Nomination letter and supporting letter must be from two different individuals.
Nominators are encouraged to inform the nominee so that the nominee can provide any information that will assist in providing the nomination.
- NAPDS members may nominate candidates by letter or email to the Awards Committee using this link.
- All nominations and supporting materials must be submitted electronically to the NAPDS Awards committee no later than January 9, 2023.
- A sub-committee of the Awards Committee will review nominations using a simple rubric based on the eligibility conditions and criteria detailed above.
- The winner(s) will be announced at the awards ceremony of the conference and publicized by press release to the honoree’s home institution and via the NAPDS publications and website.