Emerging PDS Leader
Information Age Publishing (IAP) sponsors an award for a student member of NAPDS who has shown promising leadership in the PDS movement. Up to three awards may be presented, with the understanding that both undergraduate and graduate students are represented. One honoree will receive a check for $100.
- Be a full-time student member of NAPDS at the time of the Annual Conference
- Attend the annual conference (membership is included in registration)
- Receive a nomination from a member of NAPDS
Candidates will be considered in light of their contributions in one or more areas, including:
- Service on a committee or publication of NAPDS prior to the Annual Conference
- Volunteer service at the Annual Conference
- Presenting at the Annual Conference
- Publication in School-University Partnerships or PDS Partners
- Service to home institution’s PDS program
A single nomination letter and one supporting letter may be submitted. Since the selection of honorees will occur at the conference, elaborate application packets are not permitted. In addition to one or two letters, a copy of the nominee’s resume or vita may be submitted.
Nominators are encouraged to keep their nominations secret from nominees so that the announcement of the Emerging PDS Leader(s) at the conference may be a surprise to the honoree(s).
- NAPDS members may nominate candidates by letter or email to the Awards Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) .
- Nominations may be submitted prior to or at the opening of the Annual Conference to allow for consideration of student member involvement at the event. The deadline is Thursday, February 15, 2019 at 5pm. Letters submitted at this time should be left at the registration desk in an envelope labeled “Awards Committee.”
- A sub-committee of the Awards Committee in attendance at the Annual Conference will review nominations using a simple rubric based on the eligibility conditions and criteria detailed above.
- The winner(s) will be announced at the awards ceremony of the conference and publicized by press release to the honoree’s home institution and via the NAPDS publications and website.
- Shelby Ennis, Salisbury University
- Erin Morgart, Pennsylvania State University
- Ashley Nylin, University of Georgia