Information Age Publishing (IAP) has agreed to sponsor an award for a student member of NAPDS. The award ($100) was presented initially by random draw at the 2017 Annual Conference. To perpetuate the award, eligibility and selection criteria are indicated below.
- Be a full-time student member of NAPDS at the time of the Annual Conference
- Attend the annual conference (membership included in registration)
- Receive a nomination from a member of NAPDS
Candidates will be considered in light of their contributions in one or more areas, including:
- Service on a committee or publication of NAPDS prior to the Annual Conference
- Volunteer service at the Annual Conference
- Presenting at the Annual Conference
- Publication in School-University Partnerships or PDS Partners
- Service to home institution’s PDS program
- NAPDS members may nominate candidates by letter or email to the Awards Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) .
- Nominations may be prior to or during the Annual Conference to allow for consideration of student member involvement at the event.
- A sub-committee of the Awards Committee in attendance at the Annual Conference will review nominations using a simple rubric based on the eligibility conditions and criteria detailed above. The committee may decide to interview a small number of finalists if needed to select a single honoree.
- The winner will be announced at an appropriate session of the conference and publicized via the NAPDS website.