Are you interested in engaging in equity, inclusion, social justice, and critical work on a national level? Consider joining the NAPDS Antiracism Committee!
The Antiracism Committee
NAPDS is currently seeking individuals to serve on the NAPDS Antiracism Committee for the 2021-2022 school year. “The Antiracism Committee articulates the values of diversity in all its dimensions including but not limited to race, gender, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, physical abilities, and others. The committee works towards equity, inclusion, and social justice and develops goals and initiatives which embrace an organizational culture that is strengthened by multiple perspectives.”
The committee works towards equity, inclusion, and social justice and develops goals and initiatives that embrace the organizational culture of NAPDS. This culture is strengthened by multiple perspectives. Committee members support in creating a culture of equity and inclusion within NAPDS and the communities in which we support. Members also create and implement anti-racist policies, practices, and systems. Additionally, Antiracism Committee members recommend resources and implement various approaches for continued reflection and progression.
The Antiracism Committee is co-chaired by Dr. Shamaine Bertrand and Dr. Quintin Bostic. Members of the committee are volunteers with various types of experiences in their fields and are selected through application and interview by the Antiracism Co-Chairs. Members should be able to commit to at least a two-year term.
Roles and Responsibilities of Antiracism Committee Members
- Attend prescheduled committee meetings and contact the Co-Chairs as needed
- Attend and support NAPDS Antiracism Committee happenings. Responsibilities for each event vary depending on the need of the program.
- Promote NAPDS Antiracism Committee happenings (Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, etc.)
- Recommend changes in programming and organizational structure to association leadership.
- Sustain an awareness of the professional development community and the changing practices, trends, and issues within the discipline.
- Counsel on related matters, including the creation of new opportunities and addressing needs in schools and/or universities.
- Attend the annual NAPDS Conference.
Criteria for Committee Membership
- Be a member of NAPDS.
- Experience implementing an antiracist, equity, and/or social justice agenda in schools and/or universities.
- Effective teamwork skills.
- Engaging with NAPDS to help advance the education profession by providing leadership, advocacy, and support to sustain professional development schools as a learning community; Learning various approaches to improving student learning; Preparing educators through clinical practice; Providing reciprocal professional development; Conducting shared inquiry.
How to Apply
- To apply for the NAPDS Antiracism Committee, please send (1) your CV/Resume and (2) a statement as to why you are interested in being on the NAPDS Antiracism Committee (this statement can be written, video, or audio format) to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline Application February 1, 2021.