Join us in Jacksonville, FL
March 14-17, 2018
Call for Proposals
NAPDS is accepting proposals for its 2018 National Conference from Thursday, June 1 through Friday, September 29, 2017!
As NAPDS enters its second decade and the teaching profession faces new challenges on many fronts, we must make explicit the amazing work we are doing, as well as the work that needs to be done, in our partnerships, in our institutions, and in our profession to meet the needs of the next generation of students, PK-12 educators, and university faculty.
- Next Gen Students: How do our school-university partnerships address the changing demographics and individual characteristics of PK-12 learners in our schools now and the students coming to us in the next 5-10 years?
- Next Gen Candidates: How are our school-university partnerships recruiting and preparing teacher candidates for the PK-12 students, classrooms, and school environments they will inherit in the next 5-10 years?
- Next Gen Partnerships: What have we learned from our first decade of work, that should inform the development of new school-university partnerships and the evolution of school-university partnerships over the next 5-10 years?
- Next Gen Faculty: What are the characteristics of faculty in both our PK-12 environments and in our teacher preparation programs that have been successful in our work to-date, and what kind of faculty do we need for our shared environments in the next 5-10 years?
- Next Gen Pedagogy, Innovative Practices & Tools: What successful pedagogies, innovative practices, and tools from our PK-12 and teacher education work should be carried forward and what new pedagogies and tools should we implement in the next 5-10 years?
- Next Gen Questions: What are the questions that have remained unanswered across the first decade of NAPDS and what are the new questions that NAPDS (and its members) will confront and must try to answer in the next 5-10 years? Proposals should frame their question in two ways: 1) What is the specific question to which the partnership wants feedback, suggestions, possible solutions, etc.; and 2) How will gaining insight about this question serve other members’ partnerships?
For more information about the Call for Proposals, click here.
For our online submission form, please click here.